View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #132
NEWFISHER

Re: My 1950 dog hauling, trailer towing, daily driver Suburban

[quote=Troy Sr;6412444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post

I've seen this car before, are/were you on Trifive.com as well?
Yes, good spot. That was a quick build and a great car that I have always wanted and one I wanted to keep. After finishing the interior ($6500 and super light colors including white pleating and cameo truck light tan cloth) we realized our 90 lb hound dogs would tear it up quick. I started looking for a 47-54 AD truck to toss them in the back when I stumbled on a "suburban in a box" abandoned rebuild. Serveral truck loads and car trailer, 800 miles and a trade of the 55 we were vinyl seat suburban owners and the dogs couldn't be happier. We also have a better piece of mind being able to leave the windows open and shut the doors to secure the dogs from jumping out while moving or parked.

I kept the 46 Kit teardrop untl my wife said " it looks like the burb is having a shiney baby" so we upgraded to a 1960 Avion 20' and upgraded the burb to pull it. 19 weekends in a row last summer. Too much fun and good times with my wife, 2 dogs a vintage truck and trailer. I haven't ridden my Harley for 2 years!