View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
GAc10boy

Re: "Chalky White" 71 stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
A little inspiration for you

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414742

IMO, .. just sayin .. You could do a shrader bag setup, maybe just on the back and still haul, use it as a truck .. just stop at a gas station and hit the bags a little, then let'em out on the way home. That's likely what I'm going to do on my 68.

With the Porterbuilt notch, there are 17 grade 8 bolts in it. Honestly I think it's stronger with the notch in it than it ever would have been from the factory. (Debatable, I know) but there's no harm in notching if you do it correctly.
I've read through that thread (and drooled) over that truck since i started looking for one again. Man, she's beautiful!

Most of my limitations right now are due to budget (saving to build a house) so that's why I'm thinking static and cast wheels, etc. I'll have to look into the schrader set-up - sounds interesting for sure.

This weekend, I'm working on replacing fuel system, cleaning out tank, etc so she'll run problem free on that front. As you know, it's a process and I'm just going to start checking off my list.
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote