View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Toying with the idea of C30 to K30 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
http://www.adifp.com/ChelseaPDF/Chel...2100-M1_US.pdf

If you look at page 4, it shows the exploded view of the case. It's intended to be mounted with the shift fork pivot and switch facing up, but the actual gear housing is 100% symmetric top to bottom. It appears that I can simply swap the unit across the case, and install the selector cover in the correct orientation. I'll have to reverse the cable bracket to keep the correct pull direction, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work like that.

I'm going to call Chelsea and inquire about this in the next couple of days. They list I think 5 different models of PTO for this trans, and all of them show left or right mounting with reversed assembly orientation, except this single speed model. It shows a different part number for the driver's mount, which is not a 100 series and I haven't been able to find any information about it.
Hmmm...that one is a different shape then the one in my tow truck...your right about the appearance but I would call they must have a reason. Let us know what you find out...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote