Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #34
Flames97

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by papastrk View Post
The bag travel will basically be vertical movement. The shock will be mounted at an angle so it will lose some of that travel in the vertical direction. I think your bags will be mounted inside the frame rail also. Right? I would tack the shock crossmember in and rock the housing to simulate body roll and measure your bag mount dimension on each side. I'm surprised that the shock limits bag travel. They aren't built to bottom out.
Yes bags are inside. And good point on the shock movement not being vertical like the bags. That makes sence. I have a floor jack in there now so I can move the axle up and down and get reference points and simulate the travel.
As far as the shock limiting the bag travel. Not on the bottoming out part. The full extention...so not to overextend the bag. I read somewhere to set the shock so that it limits the bags overall travel other wise your bag will stretch beyond the point it's meant too and ruin the bag because the bag itself has no way to limit itself(as far as overall full extention). Trying to think of the best way to explain that. That's the way I've understood it anyway.

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build

Last edited by Flames97; 12-14-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Add more
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote