View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #227
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Well, I did get a chance to work on the truck this weekend. First of all, no pics right now, wasn't thinking about pics this time... oops!

I finally got everything installed on the passenger side, but noticed the drop shocks, combined with the shock relocators, were limiting the drop of the wheel when in the air. It looked bad a$$ for a ride height, but not so much for maximum lift. If I hit a bump, the shock would run out of stroke WAY too soon.

I added some air to the bag to see if that made a difference and it did... It BENT the shock relocator!!! I know a short shock isn't a good thing, and trying to stretch it wasn't a good idea either, but bending the relocator?!?! Out it came. Back to the factory stud mount for now, with the drop shock. Put about 90 lbs of air in the bags and it sat about an inch lower than where it was before the swap.

On to the drivers side...
Got the LCA and upper ball joint out. New upper ball joint in and ran out of daylight and weekend... This side shouldn't take as long since I know what I'm not doing based on the failures of the other side.

I'll try to get pics of the current status later.... empty wheel well is all...

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote