View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #505
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

OK, back in the shop from a week in Houston, TX and early Christmas get togethers. Two down, two to go. We were late returning to KC from Houston due to all the ice in Dallas. Called best bud, Jay, a week ago Saturday and he said he had 1.5" of ice on his driveway in Granbury and they were iced in. So we had to skip a much desired visit to see his Chevy truck project. Definitely plan to reschedule, though.

Posted some photos earlier of the center caps I had CNC'd while in TX. Still haven't finished them up as I've been shaking off a bad cold. While we were in Sedalia this past weekend, I was able to sneak away from the Christmas mayhem and get Keith Daleen to punch some louvers for me in the heat shield. Turned out pretty nice.

Also managed to get over to Eagle and pick up the wheels, firewall and etc. last week. Threw the f/w up on the cowl to see how it matched up to the floor pinch weld flange. Don't know why I was so hopeful this would be an easy deal. As you can see from the photos below, between the frame supports the shape of the firewall and floor couldn't be much different. Outboard of the frame supports, the two panels fit fairly well but it will take major surgery to get the rest to fit.

I know because I trial fit the floor to the frame that all of work will have to be done to the firewall. Because I set the small block back in the six cylinder motor mount holes, the floor is already very close to the transmission case. So that means I can't move the floor down to meet the f/w. Time for the Sawsall.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote