View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #68
nitrosport_5

Re: 1972 K20 "Diamond in the Rough"

It has been a while since i have updated this thread. been working on it slowly when i can.

Since i last updated, got the AC dash installed, cut the holes for the cargo light and switch, installed the marker light fuel door, and started to tear the ol girl apart.

First is my A/C dash. I cut it behind the dash pad and welded it back together. Turned out good. Once the dash pad is in the weld seam will be covered. This pic is just the dash tacked in. I later smoothed it out quite a bit better.

Then the fuel door, i decided instead of using the factory flange for the light mounting, i would weld a mount to the inside of the bed. gives more room for the fuel filler and looks much cleaner IMO.

The next 2 pics are of the truck just before it got parked in the shop for disassembly. Sad day to see it get tore apart, but it was in serious need of some help. At least i will be repairing it instead of just parting it out running it into the ground.

And last, this is what we did sunday after getting it into the shop. Not a whole lot of progress but the bed bolts were quite stubborn. At least i didnt have to worry about saving the bed if a bolt was in need of being cut out!

More to come. My next few weekends are going to be just tearing this thing apart. Once apart, i will have the frame sandblasted, going to put new seals in both differentials, transfer case, and possibly the transmission. The engine seems to be about the only thing that does not leak.
Attached Images

nitrosport_5 is offline   Reply With Quote