View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #299
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 1970 GMC Suburban... for the family

Well, I realized last night that I have made a big step on the burb, and should take a picture!

This was last night at midnight! IT ROLLS!!!!

So not to long ago, I got some side work that paid for a 91 chevy truck that will donate a lot of parts to the Yukon and the Suburban. The first thing that it donated were the tires! Last night I got the truck unloaded and the wheels swapped, and a few more things done to the burb that I needed to get done so that it would roll.

Today I started working on making room for my brothers truck, which means that the suburban had to move for a while, which was kind of disapointing. Getting it to this stage really motivated me again. I wish I had a better budget for it. So, into the trailer it goes...

Problem...

I ended up airing out the rear tires and compressing the suspension 3 inches, and I still had to take the lights off the roof of the trailer!

Last time the burb was in the trailer it was on its frame with casters. I hope this ride goes better.

Once the crew cab is done, it will right back here!

On an interesting side note, since we are using 3 car seats in the Sequoia, we kind of reconfigured the seats to the most convenient arrangement. Interesting enough, we removed one of the middle seats for easier access to the rear seat, and because of this we never really use the left rear door... you know, the one that is a big gaping hole in my burb... Maybe the engineers at GM had some idea of what they were doing only putting in 3 doors.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote