View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
SCOTI

Re: Static suspension ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreet007 View Post
My second thread. Seems like the more I read the more options I see.

I want to do a static 4/6 drop. That looks the best to me.
68 SWB C10

So I just learned about lowering blocks today. I see the ECE kit with a drop spring. Wouldn't it be better to do a 2" block and then do a 3" or 4" spring than a 6"? Will I still need a trac bar relocated? Do I still need to relocate the shocks? Way2lo and No limits seem to have a 3" spring listed, but not a 4". Should I only look for a 5" drop in the rear?

The front I figure I will use the McGaughey's 2.5 spindle and the 1" spring, but that is not a 4" drop? So all I need there is the disc brake stuff.

Obviously I will need new shocks all the way around.

What else? Any suggestions or options I should consider?
Blocks give you drop w/o losing travel like shorter springs will.
I would opt for a 'long' Panhard bar. The longer the bar, the less side shift there will be.
I would also relocate the shock mounting points for better angle & the ability to use OE replacement spec'd shocks.

2" is the split on the F/R height difference so base your rear requirements on the front height. Different guys like different amounts of rake which is why what works for one guy may not for another.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote