View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
Elliot949

Re: LMC parts made in Thialand & Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK96 View Post
Many may disagree, but I will pay more, even double for USA made parts. Had way too many bad experiences with poor machining on CHINESE and India made parts. Some examples: New NAPA waterpump for Ford 460. After installing realized casting for lower hose connection was almost 3/8" too thick for hose. That was fun with a grinder. Made in China. Rear wheel cylinders for 72 Chevy. wouldn't fit in holes in backing plate. Close, but not quite. Made in China. Motor mounts for 79 Bronco 400. Rubber ripped as I tightened. Misaligned in mfg. Made in India. Engine hoist from Big Red. Welded crooked leaned dangerously with a Ford 460. Stopped and exchanged. Made in China. Engine stand Torin, same thing, ENTIRE lot was bad. China. I needed an idler arm and ball joint for a 90 3/4 ton Suburban, Chinese parts at Oreillys were about $90, I paid $190 for MOOG parts and had to wait a day. Worth it to me, and don't plan on keeping the truck forever either. If we always take the cheap option, that's all we will eventually have. Some things we still have the choice. I will not buy a foreign nameplate car for that reason. I don't care where its assembled. The revenues and profits still go overseas. I don't want to be any part of the reason my only option may someday be a Prius.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!... My daily Drivers are Fords... while I know alot of it is built out of the country the end results is the profits go back to Dearborne, MI....
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote