View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #29
DGulliver

Re: LMC parts made in Thialand & Taiwan

I don't think "anything made overseas" is junk.

I'm certainly not bashing the good 'ol USA here, but consider-in the music recording business, the finest microphones in the world come from Austria and Germany as do our 3 Mercedes cars. Any time I work on one, it's easy to see they're built to the highest quality, assembly and build tolerances. I've had hundreds of collector cars old and newer from all over the world, and I feel the Germans have built cars to the highest standards. Honestly, our beloved Chevy trucks are more akin to tractors by comparison. Some of the best hi-fi gear ever made came from Japan and Denmark. In my experience, the highest quality leather clothing goods come from Italy. If you compare 100 year old American furniture to that built in England in the same time period, you'll see we were much less experienced, even lacking in lots of cases.

I do agree with buying American and doing business locally as much as possible. I have also struggled with the ill-fitting, bad quality parts as you guys have. I certainly don't mean any disrespect to any hard working forefathers from our country, either- the USA over the years has had excellent manufacturing and lots of top quality products as well. I just try to remember "you get what you pay for", do my research and buy accordingly.
'96 Dodge Indy Ram Official Indy Truck
'99 Porsche 911 Carrera
DGulliver is offline   Reply With Quote