View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Re: LMC parts made in Thialand & Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texjake View Post
Most of the time when you order replacement parts you are unaware until you receive your parts when they were mfg at. Most companies like LMC, Brothers etc. do not indicate where the part you are ordering is mfg in what country. I have looked on CL for some parts but its not everyday someone is going to be listing OE parts for a 68' Chevy C-10. Yea, parts can be dusty here, but that aint nothing, they can always be cleaned. I would rather deal with a dusty part than a rusty part anyday....
You can ask before you buy where it's made. I already know with these repro parts,or should I say I know what few parts "are" made here. But,I ask if I don't know then decide.

Sad but true,it's pretty much impossible to live the way we live w/o buying foreign. You can do your best to avoid it. I do. I've grew up enjoying American and foreign products since the '50s. I mean,I want a cookoo clock from the black forest,not my hometown. But,it's come to our jobs going overseas to save little to none. Things aren't cheaper. The profit margin just expanded.

My '67 GMC project is 100% good used GM sheetmetal. What isn't GM on the rest of the truck is still pretty much all made in USA. Not sure about some things

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-26-2013 at 01:44 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote