View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
mgchevyparts

Re: LMC parts made in Thialand & Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
But the cell phone and computer we all use didn't come with a MADE IN AMERICA designation ! Our trucks did and I think we should use every option available to keep them that way !

Or buy some stickers that say SOMEWHAT MADE IN AMERICA and stick those in you door jam so we can judge your ride correctly at the show ! Using fake fenders/beds/floors/hoods/etc etc means your not "Restoring" your ride by using out of the box bolt on parts , Your just enforcing the "I WANT IT NOW " mindset . it costs more to restore original metal than buy a new shiny one in a box ! I bought a new CAST IRON Ingersol Rand air compressor yesterday for my '67 build and I could have saved hundreds of dollars buying an aluminum harbor freight or similar brand but for me an American made brand was the answer .
Ingersoll Rand has 67 manufacturing plants world wide, they are not even an American company, they are incorporated in Ireland. That cast iron comp was probably made in China.

Company Facts:

Stock Symbol
Ingersoll Rand is listed as "IR" on the New York Stock Exchange since 1906

Countries
Ingersoll Rand provides its products and services directly or through distributors to customers around the globe.

Locations
As of December 31, 2012, Ingersoll Rand conducts manufacturing and assembly operations in 67 plants world-wide. Ingersoll Rand also maintains offices, warehouses and repair centers throughout the world.

North America Headquarters and Corporate Center
Davidson, North Carolina

Place of Incorporation
Dublin, Ireland

Date of Formation
The Ingersoll-Sergeant Drill Company and the Rand Drill Company merged in 1905 to form Ingersoll Rand.

Last edited by mgchevyparts; 12-21-2013 at 02:02 PM.
mgchevyparts is offline   Reply With Quote