View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #286
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: My build thread.. 63 LS powered C10

That is really surprising to me that they are moving to such a small hot side when you start building big flow volumes like this. Just seems like at some point the spool-up advantage is going to lay waste to the potential total flow. I mean only so much is going to flow out even under presure and exhaust being a expanding gas as it leaves the motor. I know it is a whole new ball game when you start force feeding the induction with 10-15+psi. and exhaust back pressure becomes more and more insignificant. But there has to be a serious WALL where you can only stuff 15 pounds of $#!+ in a 5 gallon bucket until it backs up in the pipe.

Turbo tech is definately WAY out of my arena,, I have a buddy who is a Mechanical specializing in pump stations. Maybe he can 'splain' it to this ol dummy N/A guy in a old-school way i can rationalize.

Is this scenario hold true in a max-effort TT motor, or more towards street-strip-driver TT motors???

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote