View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
monte0185

Project "Haulin Crap" 1986 CC dually.

Well i guess the time has come to start a build thread to document my work on my 1986 CC dually I bought a few weeks ago. For the past couple years ive been hauling all my stuff on a one of a couple trailers of mine since i stupidly sold my last truck. LOL I miss that truck so I set out on a quest to find a little bit bigger replacement. (Last one was a 1986 SWB 1/2 ton.) So after momma decided we need a camper for our camping trip and i needed to be able to haul my car trailer with whatever it is i might want to haul I set out to find a dually. For a few months I perused several I liked and finally ran across this one (1986 Crew Cab with 454 TH400 and Gear venders over drive) Which had almost the look I was going for and was in my price range after a bit of negotiating. So after a phone call or two to some friends of mine and a little begging i got one of my buddies to take a 3 hour road trip with his new fancy aluminum trailer to go pick it up. Now after talking extensively for a couple weeks I was pretty sure It would run and drive home just fine but it had been sitting a couple years So the trailer was more of a precaution in case something went drastically wrong. So we got there to check it out and everything looked and ran ok enough to get to the parts store a few miles away where we swapped out a battery terminal and did a little eyeball toe adjustment cause it was horrible and filled it up and away we went. Made it home ok with just a couple minor things that needed some injenuity and only one tank of gas. SO not a bad purchase in my book. So after that long winded story a couple pics are necessary.
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote