View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #308
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Merry Christmas everyone.

Nicola got me some plates, which includes a 1950 plate from a Russian tractor.

I got her a bunch of girly stuff and some pipes, a pipe rack and a decent reference book on smoking pipes for her collection.

After prezzie opening (the kids were here too) they carried on watching Disney movies, which they do every year.

I went down to the garage to sort out a few bits, refit the signs and plates on the shed that the storms took of the other night.

Then I mounted all the number plates and loads of others I have recently traded and collected etc.

I also checked the trucks oils, tyre pressure and lights, just a general check over as i may be using it tomorrow to go to Farningham to the yearly Boxing Day classic bike get together with some friends, including Woodsie and Martin.

Once that was done I needed to scratch another itch.

Last week a pickup truck lost its canopy spectacularly a couple of miles from here.

It ended up in pieces on the side of the road, and a few days later it was tossed over the Armco barrier into the bushes.

I have wanted to build a removable aluminium canopy for the rear of the truck that can be used for camping if mounted on a set of legs.

The rear sliding glass was the only bit that was not broken up, and I saw it as a perfect addition to the canopy, against the cab rear.

So armed with some leather gloves and a hacksaw and spare blade, I went to see if it was still there, and found it......

Cut out the glassfibre back frame and removed the glass before the council come to clear it away.

Now sitting in front of a fire, cheese and biscuits and a nice coffee......

Perfect end to a great day.

Looking forward to finding a cheap or free aluminium caravan to strip the ally sheeting from to cover the canopy in, using a pair of stainless portholes I got from the tip for this job some time ago..... and will still figure out the rear door and latch/catch.

Watch this space too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote