Thread: 49 ls1
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #137
skymangs

Re: 49 ls1

So here's my progress for today. I made plates for the top and bottom of each front airbag. The lowers I welded into the A frame to give me a flat surface, and stiffen it up a little.

My plan on the front tires is P215/45R17, which measure at 24". Since I've got 27" tall tires on it now, I'll build it 1.5" higher than final ride height, and I should be good to go.

The last pic is the mocked up setup. Tomorrow morning I'm going over to a buddies shop to slip roll some 1/8" plate to make those upper plates into "cans". (I know I can buy "cans", but I can't stand buying something I can build myself). Then I'll pull it all apart, make some gussets for my upper cans, and seam everything back together. I should be about ready to put the front end together at that point. When I tear it down to paint the frame I'll put new ball joints and bushings in it.

Quick question, does anyone use a front sway bar with bags? It seems like it shouldn't be needed with the 8 solenoid setup, but I thought I'd ask.
Attached Images

skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote