Thread: 47 Step van
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #55
xpickup

Re: 47 Step van

Still plugging away on the truck while I am on vacation. I made the radiator support/ front body support. It sandwiches the radiator/ wheel well area to hold the front of the body. Then mounts to the frame. I have a section that holds the radiator down into the support. I also have some holes for a filler panel that will go to front of the truck so the air is pushed through the radiator. I have it all mounted in now. Then I started on the steering. I took a universal joint and cut it apart so it will just be a coupling. Tomorrow morning I am going into where I work to turn it down and make a sleeve, then I will TIG it together. Hoping to have the steering in tomorrow. I also am going to make a connecting rod as the drop for the column. So I need to make an aluminum spacer for it. I also worked on the custom hood for my lowered dually because it was raining. I had a steel dual cowl scoop giving to me but it was too long. So I shortened it up and widened it and made 2 intakes in the front. Kinda a cross of a cowl hood and a 442 hood. I love sheet metal!

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote