View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #8626
VWNate1

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today!

I know this feeling ! . BT & DT many times over in the last decades .

Like you said , nothing beats the knowledge that a thing , any thing , is yours alone and made so by your own two hands .

Good on ya and never stop taking those baby steps .

Handing out a helping hand to others too , is a goodly manner of a Man .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
I GOT MY TITLE TODAY!!!!!!! im so floppin excited. i was flippin excited, but i got tired so now im just floppin.... its been a long, strange trip, but shes finally mine, all mine, no if's, and's, or butt's, except mine and my ole lady's on that somewhat worn bench seat. the feeling is indescribable. comparable perhaps to ones " first time ". all the blood sweat and tears i put in to her over the years on pretty much just a "maybe"... now ive gotten the sorely needed validation, and best of all, a huge green light to seriously invest the time and dead presidents into her that she deserves. i dont own a lot of stuff, or even nice stuff at that. i have the clothes on my back and some in a closet... all pretty much from high school 15+ yrs ago. the computer i type this with, a bow and some arrows to feed myself with and now my truck... not to mention the job i use to fund it all. thats pretty much me in a nutshell. what ive got, ive had to work my ass off for and it has made me appreciate it all the more. still looking to make friends with someone with the metal fabbing skills needed to get some new rockers and cab supports welded in tho. have grill and beer brewing equipment / knowledge : will travel!

i installed an led dome light from autozone. only has 3 leds and it isnt much brighter than the regular festoon. meh, for 5 bucks its ok.

also pulled off a tire that has a slow leak and cleaned up the bead sealing surface on the rim a little bit then had the tire remounted and balanced. i noticed they added more weights than what was previously on the tire. makes me wonder how accurate some of these places really are. my next plans are to mount two LT's in the rear, maybe they are a little taller when installed than the bald passenger rated goodyear's that are on there.

its miller time! i raise mine to every single one of you, keeping these awesome machines around, and im so ecxited that i get to be a part of it all!