View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 02:33 AM   #8628
Mike_The_Grad

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Had to hit the brakes on my brake job I'm attempting. Front discs went smooth. Rear drums were another story. I remember doing them all the time in high school auto shop. But that was ten years ago. Thanx to the trusty hanes manual I got the job done in only four hours and two busted knuckles. Lol. After had all brakes remounted figured might check brake fluid. Bad idea, that stuff was black with residue in bottom of reservoir. Started looking at different forums on here for any tips.after an hour of research tried with gravity bleeding but I wasn't getting any fluid out.(I even took the entire bleeder out of pass. Rear wheel cylinder!) So on to pedal bleeding with my pops in the cab pumping away. Its hard to find someone who will listen to directions while still insisting that they are always right. That's my dad for ya.Lol. plus his leg got tired. So I'm having my buddy come over tommorow,figure I can pay him in beer. The pedal method seems to be working and the fluid coming out is black and thick.I don't think its ever been changed, so its gonna take a while til it comes out clear.and yes I am watching the reservoir level and holding in metering pin.first pic is new pads, second=before, third=after on rear
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad