View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #320
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Completely off thread, but it started out with a trip to the garage to check out the truck.

Not quite tip treasure, but absolutely FREE from Freecycle yesterday.

170 plus building blocks, 3 miles from home, collect and they were mine.

Mickey supplied the van, we worked together and brought them home.

Mickey needs a front and rear porch on his place, so along with the some FREE double glazed doors and windows from a local fitter who does a lot of complete replacements and is happy to let us have some, then some recycled timber for the roof etc and an almost free addition to his home.

I will be using some blocks to build some bits around the back of the garage.

Nicola's mum has been at hospital since early today, and will be admitted when a bed comes available. As a result she was there all day as well.

This left me at a loose end, and ended up cleaning the stove/cooker, extractor hood, kitchen etc, then tried to watch a bit of recorded car programmes on telly while surfing the web forums as well.

Ended up going down to the garage instead and checking out the truck cab as I was under the impression that they used to come with a bottle jack fitted under the seat..... wrong. Have bought a 200mm tall 4 ton bottle jack now.

While down there I started to measure one of the 170 plus building blocks I got yesterday, as I want to make Nicola a Celtic cross as a "Secret Surprise" for her birthday..... she has always loved them and photographs them in graveyards etc.

Here is how far I got today, next up will be carving the front face, then designing the sides and other facets with various Celtic knots.

Hope you can see what I am trying to do.

Drilled some holes.....

Cut some wedges out

RESULT !!!!!

So far without breaking or craking it.

First half designed

End of play for today.

Next up will be hammer, chisel etc.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote