Thread: 1974 CCSB build
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #88
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: 1974 CCSB build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcrp1 View Post
Looks awesome. Did you use the Dirty dingo mounts and relocate? The weather sucks here as well, 65 deg in San Francisco today..LOL jk.. Stay warm back, there are you guys hitting record lows?
I used the Dirty Dingo mounts, and have them all the way forward. I was hoping to be able to use the driveshaft without cutting it, but no dice. The mounts worked out really slick, and just like they said. Leave the mount to frame bolts loose, and the engine will slide forward or backward as needed. My driveway is at a pretty steep angle, so I had to use a ratchet strap to get it to move. I used the CTS-V pan also, and it has a ton of clearance everywhere. Doing my homework paid off.

We are close to record lows. It was colder in 1912, but just barely. 13 here this morning, 11 back in 1912. Don't imagine it felt much different then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Bet you're glad you got outta Dodge! -11 here in KC this AM. Vortec MAX? What's up with that? 5.3? 6.0? 4l60? 6l80? Glad you got it in!
Seriously. The wind was just starting to pick up, so I beat feet in the house. You guys be careful up there (totally sounds like a good idea to stay home. Humans aren't supposed to be out in temps like that!) The engine is a 5.3; I just used the Vortec MAX covers to make it pretty.