View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 AM   #8661
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I'm glad you got it fixed Bill. Enjoy it more now.
Thanks, Boog.

One of those things. As much as I love my truck, I sometimes run hot and cold....Or maybe energetic or lazy.... on climbing under her.

Recently, I've looked out on these sunny December days and say, "Good day to take RAT for a ride."

Since she locked up on me in the right rear pretty seriously a couple of months ago, I think, "First, I gotta fix that brake shoe issue." And then,
next thing I know, I'm back doing something else not truck-related. LIke fixing freeze-related broken water pipes.

Today it was so nice. I was headed out to pick up a pal that had given me a hand during the RAT build. He hasn't ridden in the truck yet. I
thought it was a perfect day to surprise him with a ride. Then I thought, "Nice surprise it would be for him.... to go into a brake-infested fishtail
into a ditch...on *his* side." I took the car.

For the last several weeks, I've even had a set of new shoes sitting on the workbench. So I smacked myself on the forehead with my palm, and
got down to the task at hand.

Now, like you say Boog, next time I'm out, I'll be ready to enjoy a ride in the California sunshine.....And, next time I pick up Jack, it'll be in the truck!!!!

My 062 heads are in the shop...got some other parts coming, too. Since the trusty 350's running very well now, it's time to make some more messes and
drain my paltry stash some more. And maybe make a little more torque and horsepower.

Attached Images

But always a rat.