View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #8662
dhaymaker

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Thanks, Boog.

One of those things. As much as I love my truck, I sometimes run hot and cold....Or maybe energetic or lazy.... on climbing under her.

Recently, I've looked out on these sunny December days and say, "Good day to take RAT for a ride."

Since she locked up on me in the right rear pretty seriously a couple of months ago, I think, "First, I gotta fix that brake shoe issue." And then,
next thing I know, I'm back doing something else not truck-related. LIke fixing freeze-related broken water pipes.

Today it was so nice. I was headed out to pick up a pal that had given me a hand during the RAT build. He hasn't ridden in the truck yet. I
thought it was a perfect day to surprise him with a ride. Then I thought, "Nice surprise it would be for him.... to go into a brake-infested fishtail
into a ditch...on *his* side." I took the car.

For the last several weeks, I've even had a set of new shoes sitting on the workbench. So I smacked myself on the forehead with my palm, and
got down to the task at hand.

Now, like you say Boog, next time I'm out, I'll be ready to enjoy a ride in the California sunshine.....And, next time I pick up Jack, it'll be in the truck!!!!

My 062 heads are in the shop...got some other parts coming, too. Since the trusty 350's running very well now, it's time to make some more messes and
drain my paltry stash some more. And maybe make a little more torque and horsepower.

I love this! I like it because I can point this out to the wife and say "See, Honey, it's not just me"!!!

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!