View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
padresag

Re: Clutch Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.diaz View Post
The clutch slowly went out completely. I was driving and while stopped at a red light in 1st gear the truck started to move forward. It kept happening and when I got home I tried to adjust the push rod. Then I noticed the Slave cylinder was not moving when someone else pushed the clutch for me. It moves about ¼ inch maybe.

I tried to bleed the lines and only fluid came out, no air. I will check the hydraulic line that comes out of the master cylinder to see if its stopped up. The line is metal then has about 8” of rubber hose before it goes back to a metal line. The rubber hose portion is pretty solid and I think it should have some flex.

Also, there is no leaking anywhere from the master to the lines to slave.

Thanks all,
Vic
it is more than likely the master. do you smell brake fluid in the cab at all. if the master leaks it is usually where the pushrod goes into the backside where you see the rubber boot. if you pull that boot back you will more than likely see fluid. it is not usually that the lines leak but the rubbers inside deteriorate and the fluid leaks by the piston and out the end. You may also see where fluid has leaked down the firewall insulator on the inside under where the pushrod goes into the cyl. check the rubber boot on the slave also for fluid.
you can buy either new or you can rebuild them
could also be that your clutch adj rod needs adj . because of a worn clutch disc or a combination of leak and adj. the rod which goes into the slave is where you do the adj
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote