Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #188
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

OK, starting to get the bug to get things moving again, i have my gas door out of an S10, it has the 1 1/2 diameter fill tube, i need to check into how I'm going to modify the filler tube, i know i'll have to cut it and rotate the lower portion to hook up to the hose off the tank, you cant see it well but the bottom is curved up so by cutting and rotating i can make the outlet point toward the talk inlet, but i'd also like to possibly pie cut it hopefully above the vent tube to increase the down angle at or close to the filler cap to minimize the intrusion into the bed, I'll have to build a metal box cover for inside the bed but want it to be as small as possible. If anybody has a subscribed thread on this I'd be grateful. There is also some prior damage to the driver side rear bed panel adjacent to where the door will go, i need to work on that a bit before i weld in the door.

I also ordered repair lower skin and lower inner tub for the passenger door from Wes at Classic Heartbeat, i have never done body work so i figure I'll try in the passenger door first (after the gas door and trying to repair the damage to my bed panel) then if i gain confidence I'll do the driver door as well as re bush the door hinges. By that time hopefully i'll be ready to try my hand at rocker kick panels and floor repair ect..

Still need to install my new 5/8's rear U bolts, stock was 5/8's but BDS sent 1/2 in there kit, then said they would send me 5/8's replacements which never happened so my local shop stepped up and ordered these for me and gave them to me free for the trouble i had with BDS.

Called Truckseats, guess they located a tougher solid black material than the Velour for my cover so i think i should be getting a new cover pretty soon.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote