View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Low68

Re: Avoid the Concrete

I am planning on doing some work on the firewall to clean it up some. When I did the firewall previously, I had just welded a flat piece of sheet metal on the outside of the firewall. I wanted to get rid of all the extra layers, so my plan is to cut out the firewall and put in a new one. I started by cutting out some of the unnecessary sheet metal.

I didn't get too far on the cutting. My first major step will be getting the cab floor straightened back out. Once I get the floor straightened out, I will start doing the modifications. I spent the rest of last night trying to figure out what my plans are for the cab.

Today I went and picked up a frame. It is not in as decent of shape as I had hoped, but it was a great price, so I figured I could try it and if it didn't work, I wouldn't be out that much money. It came as a rolling chassis, but I am going to strip it down and give the guy I bought it from all the parts I take off since I have no use for them.

The passenger side frame rail under the cab is a little bent up. So I will need to try to straighten that out before I do anything else with the frame.
Low68 is offline   Reply With Quote