View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #16
Low68

Re: Avoid the Concrete

Quote:
Very nice build, I like how you took the whole inner roof out to clean it up. I'm doing a similar repair on my roof. I should have took the whole inner skin out. I only took the inner roof skin out and left the skin around the back window on. I'm going to go ahead and take the other section out after seeing yours. It will make it easier to attach the outer skin back on also. I took it off also because I botched a simple antenna hole repair. Keep up the great work.
Thanks. I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult to get it out than it was. After drilling all the spot welds, I only had to cut the very front corners of the roof skin to get the whole inner skin out as one piece. A little patience and prying and I got the skin to fall on top of me. Then I had to call someone over to help me get out from underneath it

Quote:
to bad about the frame. I noticed the horns were bent pretty good.
Yeah, the frame horns on the old frame are pretty much destroyed. There were several spots where it tore the top and bottom edges of the frame rail. The frame was twisted and buckled underneath the cab as well.

Quote:
Cool build. Don't beat yourself up too much for wrecking it. Sounds like your truck got more use than most get in 10 years. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
I am trying to look at it from the positive side. There were a bunch of things that I had wanted to do to the truck for a long time, but either couldn't justify because I didn't need it or it just was a bad time. All of those things that I wanted to do I am now doing. I am really looking forward to getting it done and driving again.
Low68 is offline   Reply With Quote