View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #459
JCD

Re: Post Your 60-63 Body Style Chevy/GMC Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy98 View Post
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. Here are a few photos of my recently completed 7yr. restoration of my 1962 GMC with '60-'61 style hood. This Canadian built truck started life as a Chevy C-10, but I prefer the GMC grille & tailgate. GMC grille bolted right in place with no modifications, easy changeover. I do love the double hump Chevy dash however which flows very well with the 60-61 GMC style hood. This truck has it's original 283 so I modified the GMC V6 badges and made up my own custom 283 hood badges. Tried to keep it mostly stock looking with a few subtle modifications.
I'm usually over on the 67-72 threads.. but I had to say that's a good looking truck, and it's sparked a lot of memories.

I remember B/A quite well.
There was one on the corner of Dundas and Coxwell, where I grew up.
B/A disappeared in the '70s and that particular one became a FINA.

I was quite the menace in the day with my '66 Stingray..... bicycle.
And my friends and I would dare each other to run over the air hose line that would ring the service bell in the station.

The ultimate for us was riding up to the pump and quickly tripping the reset lever, setting the dials go back to zero before they could catch us.

We'd do it to these poor mechanics until their patience was done, and they'd chase us away..
Quite tame by todays standards no doubt.. but we pictured ourselves as quite the 7 year old criminals.

Again, great truck, I really like the long step, and the B/A paint job is great.
Thanks for the memories.

J.
1969 SS El Camino
1968 SS RS 396 Camaro
1967 Barracuda Formula S
1965 140/4sp Corvair Monza Convertible

Sorry, but I don't do Fords.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote