View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
Kaysen

1986 black swb build thread

After having a black 1987 chevy swb from '06-'10 and selling it to fund my now exs crew cab, I've finally got another one to replace it! (The truck, not the wife)
I've been looking for a black 85 or 86 swb chevy for a while to have as my Saturday night cruiser and piddle project. It had to be black on black, have every option possible with the exception of a hood ornament/bed rails/bumperettes, and completely rust free. So after months of looking everyday, and selling my 86 K5, I found one 11 hours away in Thayer, Missouri. I bought it Christmas Eve 2013 (Merry Christmas to me!!)

So on with the truck. Its a loaded 86 silverado, PS/PB/Cruise/AC/PW/PL/Cargo lamp/clock/dual tanks/etc. Pretty clean overall and not a spec of rust that Ive found anywhere.
350/350/3.73 posi 10 bolt.

Ive got a bunch of plans for it and I will post them as I progress. Basically just tidy everything up and make as solid of a driver as possible. Starting with ditching the janky edelbrock carb and rebuilding a q-jet for it, pulling and cleaning the intake and valve covers, replacing thermostat, valve seals and running compression and leakage tests on all cylinders. This spring I will convert the AC and might go ahead and do a 700r4 swap.
Kaysen is offline   Reply With Quote