View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #1214
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

It’s good to know I can always count on my forum buddies to keep the pressure up! I will be putting together a separate thread on this adventure after it’s completed. I’ll include all the pertinent photos, descriptions, copies of all the Ron Francis paperwork, and a video overview showing the major features. Two nice upgrades included in the kit that didn’t exist 20 years ago – a complete color wiring diagram, and a chart showing which terminals supply which fuses. The lack of these two pieces of documentation having driven me nuts on many occasions in the past.

Today was spent removing 99% of the dash wiring. This was half way through the day. What a nightmare, clipping/cutting and trying not to damage anything. Don't you just hate "previous owners"! Oh wait, I am the previous owner!

Eventually all of the switches and gauges had to be removed to finalize the de-wiring. The few wires showing at this point are either part of the new kit, or other new wires for the spotlights, courtesy lights, etc. The oil pressure line and vacuum lines also remain:

I also removed all of the random relays, circuit breakers, and headlight wiring:

This is about half of what came out from behind the dash:

This is what happens when wiring is reworked over 20 years instead of starting over. Heaven forbid anything ever went wrong it would have been hard to find all these hidden inline fuses.

I'm hoping to get started on the new wiring tomorrow.