View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
smartass12

Re: MORE lsx wiring questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
I wont say your in trouble, its just that the directions they send with those boxes doesn't work for my tradition of wiring. they wire the boxes differently. I even called CP for some insight and he blew me off like I was wrong for wiring my relays this way. for instance, when I wire a relay it goes as such:
30- fused Battery power
85- goes to ground (-)
86- signal (fuel pump) (+)
87- to device (power the acc.
the signal (86) can be positive or negative. this is the case when using a lsx pcm. for example, lsx pcm sends a positive signal for the fuel pump but sends a negative signal for the electric fans. so that means that 85 and 86 will require some changes. if the signal (86) is (+) positive then (85) will be negative (-). if the signal is negative, then 85 should be positive. if you pull that box apart you see that its not wired that way. but again, who am I? I rewired the boxes to fit my tradition and they work every time. I cant get my engine to start when I follow their directions. and for my application, I don't use the starter relay. im gonna use that relay for my air bags.
Got it.. Think im gonna need to pay someone to do this for me. Im completely regretting doing the LS swap cuz of the wiring.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=522760
smartass12 is offline   Reply With Quote