View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #164
jgammill

Re: Project: GOOBER, 1971 GMC

Went out by my self yesterday to do some scouting for new spots to play. Decided to go down the creek that I've never tried before, but it has been really dry so I thought I would give it a try. Made it through the first two water holes no problem. Then I tried to skirt around the 3rd one and it sucked me in.

When it started sliding I turned into it and punched it cause I thought it was going to roll. The back tire was really light. Pulled out my 2 chains and tow strap and then hooked my winch to them. Probably 200 foot to the tree. started pulling and went about 2ft before I stopped to reposition my tire. The whole time the passenger side just kept getting deeper and deeper. Went to start winching again and the winch wouldn't work. Probably a good thing. It might have tipped over if I kept pulling the way I was.

Luckily my dad was close by and brought a tractor down. Hooked a chain to me and then hooked another chain to the top of my cage back to the chain going to the tractor, to keep me from rolling. Once we started pulling it leaned over and that chain got really tight. Probably saved my ass by hooking that extra chain up. Got it out without much issue.

Then had to go home and wash it.
jgammill is offline   Reply With Quote