View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

Re: Picture Thread:Cool Little GM Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
hey Special, i got one of those MB stepsides, your right, they are rare. yours is the first one i've seen other than mine.
couple other chevy's, you prob. seen some of them
the scrambler & wagoneer i think just look cool
Attachment 1202101Attachment 1202102

like the HW's big rigs too
Attachment 1202107
I like all those,too. Don't see that Cherokee hardly ever. HW didn't do many of the Stepsides. I think they were called 4x4 Commando,or something like that. I had some Matchbox and HW big rigs,but ended up selling those off. Not because I didn't like them. Needed money and to trim down. I knew guys would buy them at an show that had big trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
I used to have one of those white stepsides, although mine was red plastic. I loved that truck. My dad drove a red '75 regular cab dually at the time, so I felt that my red stepside was my miniature version of his truck. I took that truck everywhere with me and I was PISSED when my parents sold it at a garage sale! I wish I still had it. Even though it was really one of the cheapest toy trucks I had as a kid, it has always had a prominent place in my memories.
That may have been a dime store toy,but a bet the play value was huge. Probably rolled across the ground like a real 4wd and it's light weight would have done great on sand. Then there's no worried with rust. Am I getting to technical about a toy?

More li'l GM(C)s:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote