View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #23
AusTx68

Re: Who makes a the best fitting aftermarket doors and fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
I really need doors. Mine are completely just, so I'm going to have to take the plunge on them soon. I hope someone chimes in about the Goodmark doors (or another decent manufacturer) before then.

I always take the whole "aftermarket is bad" talk with a grain of salt, because unless someone has personal experience with certain manufacturers, it's just all hearsay.

The thing most people overlook when talking aftermarket parts, is that lots of the buyers who complain about quality, usually bought the cheapest parts they could, because they tried to save a buck, only to learn that they should have spent the money upfront and saved lots of headaches. (holy run-on sentence!)
Don't say we didn't tell ya!
Seriously, I think it's been said enough that it's become common knowledge. No experience needed.

As for me, I wish I had done my homework before I went with Tri-plus. They were complete garbage. The bodyshop spent many hours trying to make em work. In the end we had to toss em and go with clean originals. Now, if you just need a functional door and don't care about door alignment, gaps, aligned body creases, ect. Then yea, you can hack up a set of repops and get them to kinda-maybe work. Good luck!