View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #39
99-LS1-SS

Re: GM Performance 350/290 motor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
There is more tuning to be done with the idle mixture. Just randomly picking a point to turn the screws out to wont help you. You need to slowly turn the screws until you get the highest idle. Once you adjust one screw and the idle rises bring the idle back down with the idle screw. Now adjust the mixture screw on the other side for highest idle. Turn the idle back down with the idle screw. This should be done in park. Not in gear. Truck should idle at 750-800 in park. Now with idle speed set recheck and make sure timing is still at 14. Don't be scared to put another degree or two of timing in it. It might clean up your stumble completely. A lot of tuning comes with experience and knowing what to listen for etc. The only way to learn is to just try different things. There probably isn't anything you can screw up bad enough that we cant help you get it straightened back out. There is a lot of years of experience that read this board and contribute.
I ran the screws out until I got the highest vacuum. I didn't do it randomly, I just forgot to put that in the list. I will try the additional timing too.

1984 K10 beater truck
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote