View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #41
jpnh

Re: 1986 Chevy C10 SWB Step Side

yeah i ordered my wood from lmc you get what they send you theres no description on the wood. the pine is definantly the cheapest but i noticed if you go to the bedwood.com website you can order some pretty exotic woods some are expensive. i used some honey oil to seal it at first then i decided i didnt like it.{too lite} so i went over it with a minwax dark walnut you can control how dark u make it im glad it didnt have any adverse affects goin over the honey oil then i cleared them i like how it came out i was thinkin ,the bolts on the side angle hold downs that are welded to the bed i had to drill out the heads of the carriage bolts from the top they were fuzed in there not sure how yours are probably could take off the fenders/steps to liten things up too. remember where the cross braces go.are you gonna take the bed all the way down or are you gonna scuff it and shoot it? man i used every drill bit i had and had to get more and used them up/broke them mine came apart hard. the way the paint was on mine i decided to take it all off i wire wheeled the paint off the whole bed took a few weeks of on and off grinding./metal slivers would have been much easier to have it media blasted. but im too cheap for that. i used 3m paintable under coating in and on all the braces/the underside of the bed/the bedsides {under the fenders}before i sprayed it with epoxy primer.i like it its expensive but goes on nice/covers good. its alot of work. after getting everything to fit i still have to take it back apart for paint now.
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote