View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #304
omodified

Re: Omodified's 1970 SWB Custom/10

Well a few days have gone by. I had to take a few days off to calm down from my anger and disappointment. The topcoats didn't turn out well at all, which I'm afraid to say was my own fault. The thin coats were where I went wrong. The paint still managed to run down into the gutters. However this time, there were visible thin spots on the vertical surfaces where you could see the bare metal beneath. Also, there were several dry areas that just looked like really bad overspray. So, needless to say, it is time to start over. The good thing I have to report is this... After two days of this stuff setting up, I tried to media blast it. It took almost one hour just to blast the idler arm bracket. It took 30 minutes to blast one half of one side of a backing plate. Forget that, this stuff is crazy tough! So, I did what I should have done to begin with, called the dang powder coater. He told me he would get the coating off one way or another and to bring them on over. Bottom line... the Preval Sprayer and the POR15 Chassis Black are both great products. I am quite sure the coating would have lasted the life of the truck. However, you need to practice the application technique before you paint something important!
Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote