Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #380
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Wow, sounds like the mounts were pain in the butt. Given the power some of us put through these motors it's hard to believe they're held snug by one bolt on each side. Have a link to what you ordered? I see perches and weld-in mounts. They go together I take it?
Yeah, they were a pain alright. I wouldn't recommend anybody using the old stye mounts. They're built really bad. The perches and mounts I got are CPP perches but I got them through their ebay site for a real good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The engine and trans looks good sitting in the frame

I hope you took those motor mounts back and got a refund. I've never been too crazy about this style of motor mount. That is why I typically go with the '73+ clamshell style of motor mount. They are a much better design.
Thanks, John. I did take one pair back but the ones I originally got from Summit would cost me more than the parts to ship back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63sbssbbw View Post
When I scavenged my '75 clip , I made sure to take the perches too , just in case.
Any tricks to shortening them to fit??
T
Good plan. Sounds like a much better option. I'm not using those so I can't give you any info on shortening them.

Here are the perches I got. The same ones that many on the site have used.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote