View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #4
COS399

Re: Diesel Conversion Gauge Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84chevyguyid View Post
I dont think there is an economical way to come up with a full set of gauges to monitor everything. 400 might sound like alot but you would have almost that much into buying a new speedometer and tach with the fuel gauge integrated into it and or having existing gauges refurbished so they would work good. Trying to solve the same dilemma for my cummins conversion. I am going for the factory look with a twist. My 12 valve came from a bus and has the air compressor/power steering setup on it. My gauge requirements are: speedo, tach w/fuel, oil, water, volts, air, boost, and pyro. I rounded up several clusters and cut the upper double gauge section out of one, then cut the right side a/c vent out of another and grafted the gauge section in its spot. Boost and pyro will go there. Then I cut the radio opening out and grafted the vent back in down there, hoping I can route a hose down to it for the a/c. I went to a sign company and got a piece of brushed aluminum that closely resembles the factory overlay and am going to try cutting it out to fit the new bezel so it has a "factory" look to it. I will have probably have 800 bucks plus a ton of time into it by the time I get it done. Will be watching your project to see what you come up with.

Mike
Mike - You don't happen to have any pictures of this setup do you? I was thinking of doing something similar but would love to see your set up.
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote