View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
i know it is a old tread but i am interested in the damage on the drivers firewall and back of cab.was the truck in a accident and how did your panels fit? looks to me like during the collision the hood hit the firewall and the bed hit the back of cab.
Your guess is as good as mine about any accidents it may have been in. The doors and fenders fit pretty well, as did the cowl panel. The only door issue I really had was top to bottom on the driver side, which was my fault. I re-skinned the door and the new skin wasn't pushed high enough upwards, making the door a smidge taller. And my door window frame needed some heavy persuasion. But my truck I think had been in a roll-over before my grandpa bought it and they replaced the whole back half of the cab. My doors never fit even close in the original cab. The replacement cab was far better then my original.

I woke up with an idea for my front shock mounts. I will post it up if it will work. If it doesn't, forget you ever read that statement.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote