View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
structures

Re: 03 Silverado flyin blind

My 03 Chevy Z71 has been full of electrical nuisances. Seems like they all started around 30-40k miles

I had an instrument cluster put in by chevrolet under a recall (which was good to like 80k miles). My speedo started jumping all over the place and my fuel gauge went out too.

Seems like when it was really new I had a clicking from under the dash that nobody could figure out or fix. Oddly I still live with it today. I have since isolated it to the air mixer gate (hot/cold).

Lights on the radio buttons and temperature control have gone on and off for years based on the weather. I cringe getting into the truck on frigid days b/c I know some miniscule electrical thing is going to go out.

A couple summers ago I was having real issues where I couldn't get the director valve to send the air thru the dash vents, just the defrost. Very hot ride home 103 outside and I'm blowing all my A/C at the windshield...

My '96 chevy was a solid electrical truck, so I blame GM for selling off delphi for all these electrical issues. I believe that was in '99??

1965 Chevy C10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374373

1997 Chevy K2500 6.5 diesel
structures is offline   Reply With Quote