Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #384
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Sorry to hear about the mounts...they can be a big pain. I'm staying with the ol 6 banger in my truck so I (HOPE) I won't go through quite the same experience. lol. Well glad you have been able to find a neat set of tube mounts...looks cool. Hope the new ones work well. T.J.
Thanks T.J. I got the mounts but here's the continuing saga:

I got the perches and mounts and proceeded to install them. I held the perches up as close as I could to the old ones and they appeared to be okay to the untrained eye. I unbolted the trans crossmember to allow for movement, hooked up the cherry picker and loosened up all of the bolts on the old mounts and perches so when I lifted the engine I could quickly unbolt everything and replace with the new stuff. So I've got the engine dangling on the crane and I have removed the old mounts a perches and then I realize the perches are not correct for the original mount holes, they are for mounting in the forward holes of the frame. It was getting late and I didn't want to leave the engine dangling on the crane so I decided to go ahead and loosely hook things up for the night while I researched whether they had sent me the wrong perches or if I had screwed up when ordering. When I got done and the engine was in I really like the way it sits in the frame. It sits just a little lower and more even and of course leaves lots of room at the firewall. My main concern from what I had read was the clearance of the radiator and accessories in front. I posted in the general thread for pics of other trucks with the mounts moved forward and I can't see any reason not to leave it this way.
What do you think?
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote