Thread: Project: Shiro
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 AM   #214
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedero View Post
I'd say go for it. It looks trick.... And if common sense was going to be used this thread would not exist. Lol.
Oh I know where a 6.0 is at..... Call me if your interested.
Well said Juan! I'm not ready to buy an engine yet. You'll know when I am, I'll put the word out to see what is out there.

It's no secret that I am less than enthused about this truck at this point than I was when I purchased it. I have been struggling with what I want to do with this truck and what many others believe should be done with it. I know… I know, it’s mine so I should do what I want with it, right? Well, not so much. First, I value the opinions of some members due to their knowledge and/or successful builds which weighs on me. Second, if a truck has a significant configuration, or low miles for instance, then you’d like to honor that by not doing something irreversible to it. There are quite a few people that feel that way about this truck, and commented here and on Instagram about being true to the originality of the truck. I am coming to a crossroads where it will become a point of no return, a decision will have to be made, and I am becoming more comfortable with the direction I have chosen. This is not a Yenko Camaro or a pristine ’63 split window Corvette, so it will not be a shame to alter it, it will most certainly increase its value. (Especially the Porterbuilt parts!) This truck will likely need to be painted after the sheet metal is fixed and I’m thinking some GM 503 light green just may be in order… just maybe.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green