View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: USA made sheet metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Has anyone used Tabco restoration sheet metal on their restorations or builds ,I haven't heard of them until I read great reviews on another C10 forum geared more towards extreme dropped trucks .Seems all of their parts are made here and their prices looked good ? tabcobodyparts.com
I have personally used their cab corners. They fit really good but mine were from a mid 90s production run. They are the same heavy gauge as the originals. I also ordered my lower door patches from them. They aren't quite the same shape as the original door shape but again, heavy gauge metal as original. and made in USA/ However, it took some work to make them fit.
Some of the foreign patches I made were absolutely terrible, I had to make tons of modifications to make them work. I used key parts for my rockers, those fit good but they need some tweaking to make your door gaps close. LINK

Be sure to call before you order them to verify they have the stock you need. When I placed my last order the sales guy told me when they run out of stock, sometimes they substitute some foreign metal.

I wish they made whole doors and fenders too. I think there is still a good market for these trucks.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote