Thread: Project: Shiro
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #236
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryx View Post
Man I'm jealous. Do you rent out your boy since he has the know how? My old blue girl needs some vent tlc.
Brother, you bring the truck and the parts over and we'll knock them out while you and your girl catch some rays at the beach! (Buttering you up just in case you let that Blazer go.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
Buck - not assuming you don't know,.. just making a statement. On the outside what rust you can see is all you can describe when you are in a 'seller' situation. As a buyer,.. when you get it home and tear into it beyond where the previous owner did,.. you will always find more rust than is visible. Its easy to blame the seller just remember it was likely an honest sale as he could only represent what he could see.

That's an awesome truck man.. don't let it discourage you and your son. Just keep digging.. you'll get it worked out.
I'm sort of an open book, maybe too open, I tend to state how I feel about things openly. My posts about the condition of this truck were not intended as shots at the PO. They were simply how I was feeling after looking at the truck more closely. With that said, the rust in the rockers was advertised and I understood the risk they posed when I bought the truck. However, the other spots were not divulged and in fact the description implied there was no other rust in the truck. Taken directly from the for sale add: "There is one spot of rust on the drivers side cab corner under the gas tank, which is the most common spot. as well as a smaller one on the passenger side cab corner under the tank. What is uncommon is that this truck has no rust anywhere else." This is clearly not true. The description seemed well written and detailed and because he is a board member I figured the description was complete so I didn't ask for additional pictures, which was my mistake. I have some regrets about buying this truck, but I have accepted responsibility for it. I have not contacted the PO at all about the truck since I took the time to really dig into it, and I don’t care to talk with him about it. It’s a pretty nice truck, and I think we will be able to have some fun with it. But it is not likely to be anything near what it was in stock form. I appreciate what you said in your post, unfortunately I don't think it fits this particular case.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green