View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #317
chevybuilder18

Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

Yes!! I have the alternator and powersteering bracket for the truck! The correct one finally... After obtaining it, ill never go to the pick and pull in said city were I got my engine, cause I got a better source of parts elsewhere in a different city that actually keep there harnesses and brackets on there engines. Lol. I imediatley wanted to call the guys who sold me the engine for making me go elsewhere and spend most of what have should have been spent on other things instead of a new harness. I digress though since its my fault for falling for easy and cheap engine for sale. Well anyways, I got the new transmission gasket since the one that is on it has been leaking since I jacked the tranny up by the pan so ill have to do that also the pan isn't clearing stock crossmember so ill have to make one of angle iron on hand. Fuel pump I got lying around in a MPFI v6 buick car tank, looked up specs, and says it puts out 65 psi, correct amount for the 5.3 LM7 fuel rails, also has the built in fuel regulator. For this swap ill have to go without a high pressure cooling system, and opt for a 160 degree thermostat since I'd like to keep my stock radiator and stock heating core, which are atleast 32 years old. All I need to do is figure out how to connect the CS130D to my piggy back wiring harness system. Also have the correct throttle cable for efi, came from a 99 tahoe with a 350 vortec. Plan on doing this, but another obstacle is the exhaust manifold egr on the passenger side. I'm going to take it off, and since I have a mig at my finger tips ill cut the egr opening flush off the manifold and weld some steel angle iron or aka bed railing on. I reassure you tje manifolds are cast steel. Wish me luck!! Any advice on the CS130D and the pcm, and the truck harness, let me know
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote