View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #69
Layedoutsonoma91

Re: You guessed it, 1950 s10 swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodough50 View Post
Layedout,

Truck looks awesome. Nice score on the LS too. I have a few questions if you dont mind... quite a few actually, I'll number them!

1. Did you modify the cab mounts to get your cab to sit 6.5" off the frame? Did you mount the support brackets on the mounts in the same place Jeff suggested at 3.5 and 3.75"? I'm hoping to mount the cab as you did and still lay frame... I want to avoid making a drive shaft cut out.

2. Did the S10 headers interfere with the stearing linkage at all? I'm unsure of which type to get.

3. What gas tank did you use? I was hoping I could use the original s10 gas tank since the LRD 6 (bought the kit) link came with the raised tank cross member... wondering if the cab gets in the way.

4. What size and type bags did you use in the rear? I have RE8's but was told they might be too large for this kit... not sure if the size issue was meant if installed in an S10.

5. What size white walls are you running?

6. What motor mounts did you go with when mounting the 350?

I have more questions but don't want to wear out my welcome! Thanks for the updates btw, keep em coming!

Eric
Thanks man!

1. I used the blueprints that Jeff made. I used poly bushings which added a couple inches to the top. I mounted it as high as I could and still keep the boards on the ground.

2. Im using ls swap s10 specific headers now, not sure on the clearance yet. I plan on having it in very soon tho. I ordered the 200 dollar stainless headers off ebay.

3. I used the LRD kit out back and I am using the s10 gas tank. I dont have it mounted yet. The tank looks like it will have plenty of clearance by how high I mounted the cab.

4. My kit came with bags, I dont see why any bag size couldnt be used. I am using 2600 up front and 2700 out back i believe.

5. The white walls are porta walls. They are 215 70 15 i believe.

6. On the mounts, i am using a LS motor now. Being the motor has to be back so far its gonna be hard to find mounts that will work. I bought some universal mounts and basically remade them completely.

I hope to keep it going. Updates are coming soon.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=531261&page=3
1949 3100 s10 swap 5.3.
Instagram -@thejcates
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote