View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #72
panelrodder81
Doin' it live!

Re: Project Curly - 1953 GMC Panel Truck

Wiring harness work has been slow... mainly cuz I'm being a puss about it and got overwhelmed. But the wiring work is back on track and I've gotten a bunch done.

Might look pretty much the same as before but thats cuz I was really working under the dash... but I like pictures so I added this one. I need to connect the new lengths of wire, had to lengthen a few from under the dash, to the engine side and then back under the dash for the fuse panel/relays and ecu mounting.

All goes well I hope to be sending the ecu off for programming, pulling the motor and trans back out for motor mount final welding, and harness wrapping. Stuff it all back in and then knock out the fuel system.

Then hopefully a big ol nasty burn out!

Here is a pic of what I'm calling a 'faux fuel log' is a fuel manifold that is meant to basically make the installation look more vintage. I took the idea of a the fuel manifolds on multi carb cars and isolated each port so that one functions as a supply line and the other as a return line. My brother-in-law machined it for me with the fancy fins and everything.

Hard lines will run up the firewall to ports on the bottom and then soft line from the ports on the front to the supply and return ports on the motor. Combined with vintage valve cover coil pack covers like Slosh Tubz blazer I'm hoping to get some of the vintage flavor back into the engine bay.

Here is a pic of the trans xmember I build... yeah its huge but I had some 2x4 tubing on hand and didn't want to go buy more!

-Panelrodder
2005 Harley Sportster - 'Shemp'
panelrodder81 is offline   Reply With Quote