Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #88
Flames97

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by papastrk View Post
Aaron. I started on the lower hinge pockets. The inner pocket half piece fit great. And they weren't too expensive. Now if I had only ordered the outer piece I would have been in great shape. I welded rust pin holes for a good while. I still have to rebuild the hinges. I want to hang the doors before I replace the large step panel.
Sounds like your moving in the right direction.

I do have all my patch panels for the hinge and the outer area, step, and cab corner. I didn't get the piece that's inside the hinge pocket, its the very inner piece. I'm just gonna make one. and the inner cab corner I'm going to do away with.
I did manage to get my passenger step out, some of the lower hinge pocket cut out and the cab corner cut off. I found some more rust and will need to make some pieces. I'll get the other side all removed as well. Then roll it back outside and sand blast the areas now that I can get into them.
I think I counted 49 maybe 50, spot welds holding the step in.
Name:  Step.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  40.1 KB
There is some previous inside cab corner patch work that I'm going to cut out.
Name:  cab crnr step.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  32.4 KB
I will be shaving the cowl at some point, this is from the passenger side. It just kept coming out of there.
Name:  junk in cowl.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  51.6 KB

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote